Ten Facts About the 2nd InvaderCON (DOOMCON) convention
When we first created the idea of InvaderCON in 2010 we knew that there were a lot of Invader ZIM enthusiasts out there that would enjoy meeting fellow fans along with some of the television show’s creative talent. We had a good feeling that convention would be a success and, based on the turnout and subsequent reviews, it was.
It wasn’t until AFTER InvaderCON actually happened in March of 2011, though, that the convention’s popularity REALLY took off. Hundreds of new fans discovered the convention (which was designed from the beginning to be a one time event) via word of mouth, social media, and this YouTube video. We started getting emails and messages asking us to do it again.
So here we are… talking about creating InvaderCON II: DOOMCON. It would be an encore presentation of our original event and would happen only once. (READ: This will not be an annual event.) You’ve heard the buzz on teh Interwebz; you’ve seen posts on Facebook hinting at it; folks are tweeting on Twitter about it; but let’s skip past all the hype and get down to facts. Here you go:
- We are 90% certain that there will be a 2nd InvaderCON.
- The event will be called InvaderCON II: DOOMCON.
- It will take place on or near the end of July or the beginning of August in 2012.
- It will take place in one of two locations.
- One of the potential two locations is NOT on the list of the four states that we mentioned on Facebook. We picked it after listing those.
- The other potential location is based on availability of certain persons for the convention.
- The original guests from the first InvaderCON have all (tentatively) agreed to return.
- Based on a number of elements (including location) the cost of tickets will be higher this time around. We’re doing our best, though, to minimize this as much as possible.
- The “Dinner of DOOM” and the “I’m Makin’ Waffles! Breakfast” are both slated to return. (Both sold out at the original InvaderCON online in a matter of moments.)
- We want to announce something official before the beginning of August… but we can’t make any promises at this time.