SATURDAY: The 3rd Semi-Annual (& Accidental) Invader ZIM Costume Contest
The contest is Saturday, July 26th.
5:30 PM – Costume Contest Sign Up (PANELS)
6:45 PM – Contestants Arrive for Contest (Hallway left of MAIN EVENTS)
7:00 PM – Costume Contest (MAIN EVENTS)
- You must have purchased an entry into InvaderCON in order to enter/present on stage for the Costume Contest.
- The Costume Contest is a family-oriented event. Please keep all costumes to a “PG-13″ rating (i.e. no nudity or overly revealing attire).
- No bought costumes. Costumes must be 50% crafted or more. You may purchase parts of a costume, but said parts must be disclosed during the judging process. If you are not the maker of your costume (and simply modeling), said creator of the costume must be present with you upon entry. If the costume wins an award, the award will go to the creator of the costume.
- All weapons and props must conform with InvaderCON rules, convention center policies, and local laws concerning carrying a weapon. If there is a question of doubt, don’t bring it.
- Please provide reference images of the character you are dressed as. We cannot guarantee the judges will know what your character looks like, so having something to compare to will help you as much as them! Please provide this image on a piece of paper to attach to your costume contest registration form. No digital images (i.e. cell phones, iPads, portable computers, tablets, etc.) or books can be submitted for your reference image. Please print the picture out for the judges.
- All entries must be sourced from Invader ZIM – not other Nickelodeon (or related) shows. Original characters ARE acceptable.
- Each costume must be entered separately. The costumes may be presented on stage (and prejudged) together, but each costume is judged as a separate entry. Simply put: the “Best of Show” award can only go to one individual and not a group. The “Best Group” award, however, is an example of multiple entries being presented together to win this award.
- The contest will be limited to 100 entries total. So pick up your costume contest form (at Event Registration) and have it filled out and with you 45 minutes before the contest.
- InvaderCON reserves the right to modify, update, or amend the rules at any time… just in case.
- Have fun!
- Best of Show
- Runner Up
- Best Alien
- Best Human
- Best Young Stinky Human (Under 14)
SUNDAY: The Invader ZIM Cosplay (Skit) Contest
The contest will take place Sunday, July 27th. Sign up will take place at the contest itself – so show up early!
3:00 PM – The Invader ZIM Cosplay (Skit) Contest (MAIN EVENTS)
- All entries must be registered InvaderCON attendees. Badges/wristbands must be worn to the registration and contest.
- An entry may be either a single individual or a group of individuals.
- Presentations and skits are limited to 3 minutes, for both individual and group entries. We will enforce skit times by stopping the performance… so be aware of the time!
- You may not participate in more than one skit.
- No nudity allowed. All costumes must be “PG-13″ and we reserve the right to insist on modifications to costumes.
- Audio tracks must be provided on a clearly labeled CD or USB drive which contains an MP3 for your performance. The track must not exceed three minutes (see rule #3) and can contain dialogue or music. All music should be edited and appropriate to be played on public radio airwaves.
- There are no microphones. (See rule #6)
- No flashpots or explosive devices. No liquids or gels.
- If you plan to carry a weapon, you must consult and conform to the InvaderCON convention rules, hotel policies and local laws.
- An adult must accompany all contestants under the age of 16. The adult doesn’t have to be on stage during the presentation or backstage ahead of time – just in the audience.
- InvaderCON may tape or photograph contest entries at its discretion. Entry into this contest constitutes an agreement by the entrants to allow InvaderCON to use their likeness/image, etc in any current/future advertisement, promotion, or product.
- Bad behavior, trash talking and poor sportsmanship will be frowned upon. Unruly behavior will get you kicked out of the event, if not the convention. So mind your manners and don’t be rude.
- InvaderCON reserve the right to modify the rules at any time.
- Use common sense.
- BEST OF SHOW
- BEST COMEDY
- BEST DRAMA
- HONORABLE MENTION